OSD Lab2 -- Pull request

 In this lab, I need to add a new feather to one of my classmate's release 0.1 by listing issue, and create a pull request, as well as communicate to the project owner.

Firstly, I looked at a few repositories that are written in javascript and I decided to add a new feather to Stella Jung's project because Her project doesn't have the code to allow passing multiple paths to the command-line tool. I feel this is an easy and important feather for a command-line tool, so I listed an issue for enhancement in her repository. Link to the repository

In order to begin my first pull request, I listed an issue-6 in the repository. I asked the author for the new feather to allow passing multiple paths and told her that I am interested to work on this new feather.  A few hours later, the author replied to me that she is love to see the new feather.        

 After I get the author's consent, I forked her repository, clone using the ssh key to my local computer, and created a new branch named issue-6 to start my coding. After I am done, I sent my first pull request and ask kindly for the consideration. The author finally accept my pull request and expressed her thank.

I feel so happy and excited to send a pull quest and get accepted. I can become a contributor to the project, and I can help someone else using my idea and skill. Even I may still feel uncomfortable, I am getting excited about the released 0.2 -- Hacktoberfest now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PR for release 0.3 External Project

OSD600 Lab8

OSD600 -- Release 0.4.1 -- Choose Project and issues