OSD600 Lab1

 About Lab 1

For this week's lab, I need to find and test someone's release 0.1 projects and find someone to test my code as well. Since I am only familiar with java node.js and c++, I was trying to find someone else code that written in those languages. Finally, I find Leon as my partner to test each other code together since we both write the project in Node.js. 

Issues I found

The first issue I found in Leon's code is that his program will crash when passing a wrong argument. For example, his program only accepts v and version in the second argument. When I put anything else other than v or version. The program crashed. I suggest him to catch those errors when passing a wrong argument or filename. 

Issues #1

The second issue I found is that his code did not remove duplicated URLs. I feel that it is more reasonable to remove duplicated URLs when printing their status. 

Issues #2

The third issue is about the name in the package.json file.

Issues #3

Issues I got

I have some useless conditions that the program never goes through.

Issues #1

I am hardcoding the version number. 

Issues #2

I have some unclear statements in my READM.ME file.

Issues #3

I Fixed all of my issues, and I feel my release 0.1 is more readable now.

Thoughts about lab 1

I think each person has different customs of thinking. Maybe sometimes you are hard to find your bugs by yourself but it might be very easy for someone else. You also can see many different methods of the same problem and you might find the best way for that answer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PR for release 0.3 External Project

OSD600 Lab8

OSD600 -- Release 0.4.1 -- Choose Project and issues