Second PR for Hacktoberfest

Picking the Issue

The first issue I was working on is that reduce the size of an ASCII logo of onefetch repository. Even I download Rust for testing my logo, it still not much related to programming. Therefore, this time I decided to find an issue that at least do something programming stuff. I spent a while for finding the second issue, and I find this interesting repo issue-collab. This is a React web-app that does similar functionality as Github search with better-looking UI. 


There was an issue-57 posted from one of their contributors, and he thinks it would be a good idea to show the number of comments in issues. The owner of the repo agreed that and opened this to anyone. He also kindly give some advice on how to add the numbers of comments.


Working on the Issue

After I set up everything (fork, clone, branch), I followed the advice checking is the function 
getIssues() in App.tsx  returns this data already. I console.log() the result returned by getIssues() function, and it turned out that it includes data of comments too.

Since they already fetch the number of comments in their function. I just need to get the data from the returned result 
 



Add show them out by adding the comments attribute to searchResult component. 

After I edited both searchResult and rearchResultContainer, I added the CSS to right-align the number of comments.


Sending the PR

After I sent my PR add number of comments #65, the owner pointed out that there are errors in the deploy preview, and he also has some merge conflict. I guess the problem cause the errors and merge conflict is that I ran the auto-formatting command "npm run lint:fix" from their contributing instruction, and the command changed some format in some files. The problem fixed when I reset those changed files to their original status, and my PR was merged into the master branch.

Links




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PR for release 0.3 External Project

OSD600 Lab8

OSD600 -- Release 0.4.1 -- Choose Project and issues