OSD600 -- Release 0.4.2

 OSD600 -- Release 0.4.2

In my preview blog, I have listed a couple of issues from telescope repository that I am currently working on. They are 

The first PR I have done is that fix colours in Github Contributor component.

I found the color property inside the link was set to text.secondary(lightBlue). I changed it to primary.contrastText(white). Then I removed the hover effect and the text-decoration to underline. 
so the colour of the Contributor component from

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 6 43 44 PM
to 


I also removed are an unused variable and fix a linter error in the file. I fixed a tag from 
href={'https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope/commits?author=' + contributor.login} to
href={`https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope/commits?author=${contributor.login}`}. 

I learned the syntax of @material-ui from this PR. I also learned that ${varible} is safer than + variable from the linter error.

The Second PR I have done is adding the Back to Top button to the search page for Long search results.

After Study the code in BackToTopButton and ScrollAction component, I found that all the functions for scrolls are built already, all I need to do is add the BackToTopButton component to the search component and add the specific id to an element as an anchor. I found that in the banner component, 

<div id="back-to-top-anchor" />

there is a div with id "back-to-top-anchor". I used the same id for my div elements in the search page component. After that, I studied from other components that how to add CSS of @material-ui to the component, then add CSS to move the scroll to the very top of the screen 

import { makeStyles } from '@material-ui/core/styles';
const useStyles = makeStyles(() => ({
  anchor: {
    position: 'absolute',
    top: 0,
  },
}));
const classes = useStyles();

<div className={classes.anchor} id="back-to-top-anchor"></div>

From the PR, I learend how to add CSS of @material-ui to the project, and the overall design of scroll to top/scroll action component. It helped me to quickly solve other css and scroll action bugs in the next a few issues.

The third PR I have done is that Fix Scroll To Top button doesn't move to the correct position.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7 13 00 PM



Firstly, I quickly located that the anchor of the scroll action is in the Banner Component. Since I just studied how the scroll action works in Telescope, and the CSS of @material-ui. I fix this issue quickly by creating a CSS class named anchor and adjust its proper position. 

Now it moves to the proper position like this 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PR for release 0.3 External Project

OSD600 Lab8

OSD600 -- Release 0.4.1 -- Choose Project and issues